A client of ours is seeking to recruit a Department Manager.Responsible for the overall project management function, providing leadership, coordination and management of department processes and functions. This position supervises the team that provides project management support functions and administrative support to project leaders and manager. So, if you excel in leadership skills, we want to hear from you!
What is expecting of you?
- Liaise with the Commercial Department regarding projects pipeline and forecast
- Oversee the planning of all aspects of projects completion including costing, design installation, and commissioning
- Evaluate Financial Management and oversees control of a projects’ budget, pre and post project
- Involve and co-ordinate with all stakeholders: Directors, team members, clients, suppliers, contractors, HOD’.
- Provide overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial, legal and operational matters and general direction to various support departments
- Guide team to define and implement Project Safety Plans, to anticipate and respond to design and schedule changes
- Ensure that all engineering data is maintained and kept up to date including proper sorting of technical and non-technical documents
- Monitor & review projects progress against deadline targets to ensure on time delivery
- Ensure that operational related activities are time and cost efficient / value added to the customer
- Oversee the departmental purchasing function to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and oversees the inventory function / stock control to ensure raw material and product availability when required.
- Ensure that company’s standards are being implemented accordingly (ISO, LPCB etc)
- Maintain customer satisfaction and service levels at all project levels
- Promote and maintain awareness and compliance of Health & Safety
- Ensure that the appropriate systems and processes are in place to measure and manage staff performance and to coach and develop a high-performance workforce.
What are you expected to bring?
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the Building Services sector
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English and ideally also Maltese
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Pleasant working environment
- A Challenging position
- Pays Malte
- Langue(s) parlée(s) Anglais
- Niveau d'étude requis Interpersonal skills
- Expérience Senior