This GIS (Geographic Information System) developer internship post will work as part of the company’s geospatial team on projects and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
The intern will be specifically tasked with modeling and developing GIS tools and applications for geo-processing and data transfer.
The successful candidate should be adept at building user-centric Web UI Interfaces or GUIs and be confident enough to collaborate with cartographers and designers and backend coders.
Bath, England is a city of significant historical note, due to its architectural, literary and cultural fame that sits within the beautiful countryside of the South West of England. The city offers unrivalled festivals throughout the year, sporting excellence, and a vast choice of shops, pubs and restaurants. Bath is a highly entrepreneurial and creative centre for many industries.
Good spoken and written English levels are required (B2 onwards)
As soon as possible
- Develop Python programs for data management, manipulation and transfer
- Write and build SQL scripts
- Build interfaces for data upload and attribution
- Contribute to the technical development of the GIS team through sharing ideas and innovations
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Knowledge of Quantum GIS (QGIS), or similar such as ArcMap, MapInfo
- Knowledge of GDAL, GIT, RDBMS (PostgreSQL / PostGIS)
- RESTful APIs
- JSON / GEOJSON / TOPOJSO
- An ability to work in a self-directed way
- An ability to pick up and evaluate new technologies
The Host Company
This company produces unique mapping solutions for cities and complex buildings. The business was created by the team responsible for the Legible London wayfinding project – a global standard in wayfinding design and city movement and awareness
The company has advanced the field of legible mapping for urban and interior spaces, has developed a platform that supports walking and other soft mode travel and has a unique business model that will advance the mapping field significantly. The business is now expanding rapidly and is developing and implementing applications for cities, campuses and airports worldwide
- Country UK (United Kingdom)
- Language(s) English