PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING. European Student Placement Agency, Ltd (ESPA UK) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their university before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship. All interns coming to the UK for an internship experience must have work place accident insurance which covers them for the internship.
All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
- Paid Accommodation.
- Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
- Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
The Host Company
This company delivers scalable applications, meant to solve challenges of complexity across a web of business process. The business was conceived originally from a collaboration between Rolls Royce Aerospace and the University of Southampton, with the aim to develop solutions to better manage the complexities within the aerospace industry. The collaboration achieved scalability and today, the company operates on a global footprint. Some examples of customers include: Airbus, Boeing, Siemens, Rolls Royce and the U.S. Navy. The globalisation of markets is accelerating the diffusion of technology and the company has advanced in developing complex technologies to solve a great variety of enterprise challenges, and it is continuing to grow highly paced.
The intern will be collaborating with the team and supporting the company’s marcomms activities, including: website, digital media, and social media management; design and management of sales & marketing collateral; communications; and showcase and industry events. The intern will have an innate talent for both creative and analytical thinking, a high degree of persistence, initiative and self-motivation, and enthusiasm for technology and innovation. The intern must be able to thoroughly comprehend and effectively communicate technology based solutions.
Location: Bristol // Start date: Flexible // Duration: 6-12 months // Languages: English (B2 or higher)
- Helping to organize and manage showcase events
- Helping sales team to identify contacts and schedule meetings
- Representing the company at industry events
- PR: building relationships with industry publications, press, and PR agencies
- Collateral: designing & managing the company’s sales & marketing collateral content such as: presentations,
data-sheets, case-studies, white-papers, videos, image-library, etc.
- Website: managing the company’s website content (no coding required)
- Managing and growing the company’s mailing list
- Designing, preparing and publishing a routine web-magazine (Mail Chimp), ad-hoc announcements,
online videos for use on website and marketing collateral
- Social Media:
Designing & managing the company’s Linkedin and Twitter content
- Helping to generate routine reporting from marketing tools and campaigns
- Degree in Marketing or other business-communications related course
- Competent in MS Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Creative thinking, with creative design abilities
- Able to both understand and communicate technology solutions
- Team-player: enthusiastic to collaborate, share and learn
- Competent in using Wix website user interfaces
- Competent in using Mail Chimp
- Competent in basic image editing (this doesn’t need to be a professional level) and using Camtasia
- Country UK (United Kingdom)
- Language(s) English