PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING. European Student Placement Agency, Ltd (ESPA UK) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their university before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship. All interns coming to the UK for an internship experience must have work place accident insurance which covers them for the internship.
All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
- Paid Accommodation.
- Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
- Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
The Host Company
This organisation was founded in Ireland in 1999 and have grown every year for the last 10 years. There are very few commercial fashion retailers in Ireland and this company continues to be a market leader in the design and production of chic Italian style clothing, and accessories. Currently selling across 40 different countries worldwide, via sales agents, distributors, a busy website and trade shows, this organisation is growing at a rapid rate. New partnerships with a television shopping channel, large cruise liners and huge department stores continue to develop this expanding fashion business whose customers always remain the central focus.
This exciting company is seeking an enthusiastic sales, marketing & customer service intern to join their dynamic and friendly team based in Northern Ireland. There is a wide range of activities within the customer service, sales & marketing areas such as dealing directly with customers, managing sales both online and via telephone, prospection and relationship building with existing and potential clients, and liaising with agents across various countries, in particular Germany.
Location: Bangor // Duration: 6-12 months // Start date: Flexible // Languages: English (B2 or higher) & German native speaker is a must.
- Liaise with recently established German agents across the country.
- Assist with online sales support with repeat German customer base.
- Support Sales Team by contacting German Trade Customers via telephone and email.
- Assist the sales team with administrative duties.
- Assist with marketing activities directed at developing the European market.
- Report on market activity on a regular basis.
- Help with day-to-day marketing and business development duties associated with the role.
- Previous sales and marketing experience. (Not compulsory)
- Enthusiastic & positive character with a progressive nature
- Confident and quick thinking
- Can work well as part of a team; but also a self-starter
- Good time management skills.
- Computer Literate with ability to adapt to new software programmes.
- Meticulous with administration duties.
- Commercially aware with desire to work in a busy and diverse environment.
- Ability & flexibility to travel and work outside regular working hours; weekend travel may be
- Country UK (United Kingdom)
- Language(s) English, German