PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING. European Student Placement Agency, Ltd (ESPA UK) is a recruitment agency whose goal is to find high quality internships for European students in the UK. We work closely with our host companies to ensure the positions provide the candidates with a great experience, both professional and personal.
REQUIREMENTS: ESPA vacancies are open to all EU passport holders able to travel to the UK for an educational work placement, without the need for visa documents. You have to be a registered student and/or have Erasmus+ status to be eligible for our internships. Any student who is unsure of their situation should check with their university before applying. Non-EU students can also apply if they are studying in the EU and can get an Erasmus+ grant/status for the entire length of the internship. All interns coming to the UK for an internship experience must have work place accident insurance which covers them for the internship.
All ESPA’s services are free for students and alumni. The benefits are:
- Paid Accommodation.
- Paid Utility Bills (electricity, gas, water and council tax) + Internet Access
- Commuter travel to work (accommodation will be found within an acceptable commuting distance from the workplace, if that requires more than a sensible walk then a bus/train ticket will be provided).
- £80 per month food voucher.
This will be sourced and managed on your behalf by ESPA. These benefits have an approximate value of 700€-1000€ per month (depending on location).
There is no salary over and above the benefits offered, unless specifically stated.
To know more, please visit: www.espauk.com
As most of European grants are no longer than 6 months the host company has agreed to offer also a payment in the second half of the internship (months 7 to the end) in addition to the regular benefits.
The Host Company
This company is a global pioneer in the use of web-based solutions for digital pathology. Specialising in image management and the rapid analysis of tumour tissue, the company provides innovative software for use in drug discovery research, clinical sectors, biomarker analysis and education. They have recently become part of a global technology company, focused on electronics, healthcare and lighting.
The host company is currently looking for a candidate to join their Quality Assurance team as part of their main purpose, developing web-based products based on medical informatics and imaging technologies in medicine. They offer a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment with like-minded, talented and passionate individuals. This is an exciting time for the company and presents candidates with an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation involved in ground-breaking technology that has the potential to dramatically impact on medical science through cancer research detection.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive and self-motivated student or recent graduate who is looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in which they can put their knowledge into practice.
Location: Belfast // Duration: 12 months // Languages: English (B2 or higher) // Start date: June 2017 (Flexible).
The successful candidate will work as part of the existing QA team and tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Analysing User Stories and converting them into test packs outside of the happy path;
- Writing test scripts for manual testing;
- Coding up test scripts for the Automation framework;
- Carrying out manual test packs;
- Debugging raised defects;
- Troubleshooting configuration issues.
- Knowledge in Quality Assurance, or related areas.
- Knowledge or understanding of test methodologies and processes – for web and mobile applications.
- Experience of creating of test scenarios/scripts.
- Automation testing skills:
– Familiar with Agile, Ruby, preferred but any other testing tools considered.
– Knowledge of other coding languages would be beneficial.
- Organization skills, initiative and proactivity.
- Problem solver skills.
- Team player.
- Time management skills to accomplish deadlines.
- Country UK (United Kingdom)
- Language(s) English