Lagardere Travel is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardere Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Finance student.
We are looking for an intern studying Finance willing to join the Business Development team. That department is in charge of identifying and developing new business opportunities and extending the store network in the Pacific region.
The Business Development/Finance Intern will assist with the everyday duties involved, including:
- Preparation of dynamic business plans for each retail opportunity (Sales, P&L, benchmarks)
- Collection and reporting of airport and passenger traffic data
- Reconciliation and reporting of Capex by project
- Preparation of various reports, presentations and analysis
- Assist in the preparation of tender responses: this includes collection of key socio-economic information related to targeted location, company information, photos, market research, competitor analysis, price checks
- Assist with the development of strategic plans, annual business plans, budgets and forecasts for the business & development department.
- Provide support and assistance to the BD Team in other ad-hoc projects as directed from time to time
- Completion of one in-store day during the internship
- Excel and Power Point skills essentials
- Attention to details, autonomous and organised are key skills
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 5 days a week and for a minimum of 5-6 months. The ideal start date would be 8th January 2018.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
However, we organise a weekend away for our interns and if you like reading, free books are available!
We seek a proactive and energetic person who has a relevant degree and/or experience in this field. Preferably a Bachelor’s holder or someone in last year of Bachelor’s or more.
- Country Australia
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Junior