Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
What’s on offer?
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Engineering or Finance student majoring in Finance.
You will assist the Senior Business Analyst to prepare financial analysis as part of providing meaningful insights to business performance and will take a pro-active approach to investigation performance issues.
We are looking for an intern studying Engineering (majoring in Finance) to join our team and help with the everyday duties involved, including:
- Assist the Senior Business analyst in building Analytical excel models to either drill into ad hoc analysis, improve current reporting and create new ones, support management in decision making.
- Assist the Senior business analyst with preparation of bi-annual forecast and process
- Assist the Senior business analyst with the preparation of the annual budget and 3 year plan
- Responsible for preparation and distribution of specific monthly / weekly reports (sales by store and product category, Monthly wages for example) with accompanying commentary, ensuring that are accurate and delivered within pre-determined timescales.
- Preparation of presentations and analysis for submission to the Senior Business analyst and the Management as required.
- Assist the Senior Business analyst to build and manage financial analysis with the Buyers and Operations teams to review monthly P&L and any other relevant information.
- Ad hoc projects as required
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 5 days a week and for 6 months.
Ideal start date will be early December 2017 however applications to start in early January 2018 will be considered too.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
However, we organise a weekend away for our interns and if you like reading, free books are available!
What we are looking for?
- Business related Knowledge
- Proven analytical skills with sound commercial acumen
- Confident communicator at all levels, especially when reporting to Senior Business Analyst.
- Ability to handle and play with a high volume of data (critical)
- Highly computer literate (Excel/WORD/PowerPoint/Outlook),
- Expert in Excel is critical (VBA knowledge would be a serious advantage)
- Very Good attention to details
- Country Australia
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Junior