Hotel General Manager (Suzhou, China)
Our client, a prestigious international hotel chain are on the brink of opening their latest luxury hotel and are seeking a General Manager with an excellent track record of launching hotels to lead the process.
We are searching for a passionate, tenacious, results-driven and innovative hospitality professional to take on this career-defining opportunity.
The role in Suzhou, China will report directly to the Vice President of Operations.
The General Manager will be responsible for the launch of the new hotel ahead of its targeted opening date in 2020. The new GM will guide the senior leadership team of the hotel to ensure an efficient, successful launch.
Role Title: General Manager
Reporting To: Vice President, Operations
Role Location: Suzhou, China
- Be responsible for the overall pro-opening management, setting up for the senior management team
- Overall sales and marketing efforts and tactics of the hotel
- Ensure sustainable profit growth and return on investment for the stakeholders
- Maintain open communication with stakeholders including Associates, Owners, Guests, and Business Partners
- Be able to understand the local culture and immerse with community
- In coordination with the hotel group, formulate and implement the group’s short, medium and long term objectives
- Ensure that the operations of the hotel are in adherence to brand standard, policies, and procedures laid down by the hotel group.
- Maintain the up-keeping of the property and buildings of the hotel and execution of approved projects
- Select, evaluate and motivate professional and progressive management teams
- Bachelor Degree Holder in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum 15-years of experience in a senior management role, preferably with full-service hotels, candidate with strong guest focus and sales & marketing background preferred
- Excellent communication skills, public speaking, written and oral, with the ability to customize the message to the audience (guests, associates, owner, and other stakeholders)
- Ability to think boldly outside-the-box with a sharp focus on business results
- Ability to attract, motivate, lead, inspire and direct a talented team
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking in planning, communicating and implementing goals
- Ability to understand the market trend in terms of guest experience and improvement needs
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Mandarin speaking would be an advantage
- Candidate with market intelligence would be an advantage
- Results-driven and passionate
- Daring to challenge the norm
- Mental and physical endurance,
- Never settling for the ordinary
- Agile, innovative and willing to embrace changes
- Brand-minded and meticulous in all aspects of hotel operation
- Salary Offer 150,000 USD/year
- Job Address Suzhou
- Country China
- Language(s) English
- Highest Degree Level Bachelor
- Level of Experience Senior