Lagardère Services Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardère Services Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Human Resources student.
What’s on offer?
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in HR and work alongside a supportive and friendly team within an international environment in Auckland, New Zealand. Great location – our office is situated close to the airport so you would ideally need your own transport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for a minimum of 4 – 6 months working across.4 or 5 days a week. The internship will be unpaid work experience however our interns enjoy a weekend away towards the end of the assignment.
Support the HR team in the day to day functions to ensure the department runs smoothly. Duties include but are not limited to:
Assist the Recruitment Business Partner with co-ordination of recruitment such as reviewing applications, phone screening, setting up interviews, communicating with applicants via email or phone, conducting reference checks, onboarding etc.
- Manage new starter process
- Enter new employees in our HRM System
- Enroll them in our e-learning online program
- Process online immigration checks
- Project management
- Ad-hoc projects according to time and business needs
- Assist the Learning & Development team as and when required
- Other daily duties
- Update employee information in our HRM System and our intranet
- Manage phone calls and employee queries via phone and email
- Assist with the management of terminations of employment
- Follow up required paperwork with Store Managers and employees
- Perform general clerical duties (e.g. photocopying, mailing, filing)
- Initiate improvement/change of processes
- Conduct HR reporting
- Assist with fortnightly and monthly payroll
What we are looking for?
- A dynamic and proactive individual
- A “can do” and positive attitude
- Studying HR and passionate about it!
- People person
- Great communication skills in English – both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong organisational, attention to detail and time management skills
- Willingness to learn
If this sounds interesting to you and you believe you are the ideal candidate, then please send your cover letter and CV to Ashleigh Newton: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Country New Zealand
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Junior