Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
In New Zealand we have Duty Free stores in Auckland Airport (Departures & Arrivals) and Queenstown and Dunedin Airports. We also have Relay stores throughout New Zealand (Travel Essentials).
What’s on offer?
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Marketing student.
We are looking for an intern studying Marketing to join our Auckland-based team of five and help with the everyday duties involved, including:
- Preparing presentations in Powerpoint for proposals, promotions and business presentations
- Assisting Marketing Team with monthly in-store promo changeovers for liquor and perfume & cosmetics
- Assisting Senior Marketing Co-ordinator with promotional communication to stores for each promo changeover (promo book)
- Assisting Visual Merchandisers with store Floor Plans and Planograms
- Assisting Visual Merchandisers with floor set-ups and visual displays
- Updating screen visuals for promo changeovers
- Working with the Travel Industry manager and Senior Marketing Co-ordinator to identify opportunities for travel industry partnerships and assist with administrative tasks for current travel partners (vouchers, barcodes, communication and despatch to travel agent branches)
- Working with Senior Marketing Co-ordinator and Inventory Planners to check promotional stock levels within SAP and physical SOH
- User functionality testing of Aelia New Zealand website, identifying opportunities for improving user experience and identifying any issues (https://www.aeliadutyfree.co.nz/)
- Assisting with web-based market intelligence reporting for Aelia Duty Free, key competitors and global duty free industry
- Assisting Visual Merchandisers with ticketing as required
- Assisting Senior Marketing Co-ordinator with stock control and replenishment of consumables
- Various other marketing-related tasks as required
- Administrative office tasks as required
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Tom Pearce Drive close to Auckland airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 4 to 5 days a week (flexible, depending on your timetable) and for a minimum of 4 – 6 months.
Your ideal start date will be on in January 2018.
The internship will be unpaid.
But you will have the opportunity for hands-on work experience in our industry, the opportunity to work in a global company and develop valuable working relationships for your future career.
Also if you like reading – free books available!
What we are looking for?
- A dynamic and proactive individual
- A “can-do” and positive attitude
- Studying Marketing and passionate about it!
- People person
- English bilingual or fluent
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Developed attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and a fast-learner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
- Country New Zealand
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Junior