Company: It is an international education consulting company. Our client’s comprehensive programs focus on delivering educational services that both complement and supplement curricular experiences that students receive at their academic institutions. Since their founding, they have combated the unrealistic promises of agents, ineffective support from schools, misinformation among parents, and the proliferation of for-profit high schools to become one of the most established firms in China.
Location: Chaoyang District, Beijing
- Direct counselors in the creation and implementation of students’ development and application strategies.
- Support counselors as they guide students through a process of self-discovery, helping students to identify their interests and ambitions, brainstorm authentic essay topics, and develop a comprehensive and cohesive college application angle.
- Provide detail-oriented guidance and editing support on all components of students’ college applications.
- Meet with students and families to discuss their goals and expectations, and provide regular updates on students’progress.
- Assist in the development of a Due West parent community and alumni network by consistently providing excellent service.
- Support families with problems faced by students applying from a global context.
- Assisting the undergraduate team in hitting financial targets by representing the team in sales meetings and sponsored events, developing and delivering presentations.
- Build relationships with business partners and schools in China and the U.S.
- 2-3 years previous experience as a college counselor or admissions professional
- Have fluent English skills, with strong reading, writing, and public speaking abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited American institution
- Desire to work on a multi-cultural team in an international environment
- Creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work cooperatively
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong work ethic, communication skills, and organizational abilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced “start-up” environment
- Experience within rigorous academic and/or work environments
- Interest in learning and contributing to curriculum and program development
- Visa eligibility (non-Chinese citizens): minimum two years post-baccalaureate work (or graduate school) experience
- Country China
- Language(s) English
- Level of Experience Junior